Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Welcome to Truly Made for God

Dear Friends and Readers,

Hi! My name is Truly Kernea. I am a single mother of two lovely girls, ages 8 and 11. I live in the suburbs of Georgia in a neighborhood laced with friendly faces. I must say I have a pretty good life. Some might question that due to my divorce issues and sometimes unstable financial status. But really it is a good life. I am happy probably more so than a lot of my married years. Not to say I don't often have a sadness about what I thought my life would look like. I do miss my children's ability to have a total family life with mom and dad together. However, life is good.

I have two beautiful girls, inside and out. Even school is going well despite the predictions it would not with divorce and all. I have absolutely, positively the best friends a single girl could wish for. They are supportive, sweet, fun and valuable in many ways. I have a family in Birmingham, AL that is beyond fantastic. Tears swell up just thinking about their vast generosity and unconditional love for me in times of torment, sorrow and struggle, along with my mighty troop of friends. They are my rock.

I live in a beautiful house with a morning view of creation that I'm not sure I could live without these days. Even in the dead of winter, I see beauty in God's creation out of my back windows. I have a running car. In other words, I am thankful that despite it's many years of loyal use, it still works. I used to complain about it and wish so much for a new one. But for now I am happy to say I like it, it works. That sums up how I look in my life on earth. It is darn good.

However this outlook, so very optimistic, is not a product of my earthly circumstances. By no means. This very happy life is a product of my spiritual life. Yes, you heard me correctly. My life of joy is strictly a product of my heavenly Father God. He has carried me from a dark time to a whole new perspective. I had a relationship with Him for many, many years. I was born again and received salvation in my very young years. And though I strayed through college, God was always in me, not at all forgotten. However, the big move came through adversity, divorce. Talk about an experience you never want to face, it's this. Not only do you not want it, you don't think it will ever happen to you, no matter how bad things get. You tend to just remember the "through death due us part." But of course we all know it does happen and unfortunately way too often. However, God's Word is not void, trials and tribulation can make you stronger and new again. And that is exactly what happened to me. God literally transformed me through these days, both through the early days of deep sorrow and now as I face new challenges.

I say he transformed me. It's hard to look from the inside out. But I really feel that He made me new. I say this because I have learned to experience joy. What is joy? My definition, in my life, is despite the circumstances you feel peace and happiness. You feel this when you learn to trust God. And that began when I completely surrendered to him one day. I just said take me, every bit of me, the good, the bad and the ugly. "Make me yours." Ask me to do what your purpose desires for me, "I'll do it!" I used to say to God, "I'll ride on the garbage truck and collect the garbage if you ask me to do it" Luckily he didn't go that far. Not that there is anything wrong with that job. But it would not be the best idea for someone easily grossed out my mixtures of garbage. But what I mean is that I became willing to do whatever he ask of me. Every minute of the day. No. Every hour of the day. No. I would be willing to do his will with just as much as I could muster each day in this flesh of mine. Did I change to become like Christ and walk in total obedience? Of course not. That does not happen overnight or over months even.

What I am trying to say here is that God took me and my request of surrender and began to work in me. Little by little, He helped me to learn forgiveness. Still learning, by the way. He gave me desire to learn his Word and read the Bible, something I never had before. Yes, I said He, God, gave me the desire to read the Bible and learn his Word. When I was to a point to surrender my life to him, He was able to start working. Now in the past I did give him my life but this was different. Going through a difficult time can bring you to this point, I feel, more easily. What do I have now that I did not have in my possession before as a Christian? I have joy. I have an ongoing relationship with my Father, my God. I seek him by reading his Word, by praying and many other ways. Did I accomplish this on my own? Certainly not. Nothing I have done through this transformation can be credited to me. Really, the only thing I did was give my life to Him and hope for the best. Hope that He would make me feel better, comfort me. Hope that life would improve.

And guess what? It did!
So with all that said, "Life is good!" Thank you Father for that.

Now just a note on what to expect on my pages each day:

Through this astounding time of God's presence in my life. He has opened a new world for me. He has opened a world of words, His words and a few of mine. Early on in the transformation (we will call it that for now) God started using my hands for His work. I found myself writing without knowledge of what might appear on the page. I am serious. It was a serious mystery to me in the beginning. I knew it was God because I knew it was not me. I would write words to teach me, and maybe someone else one day, God's ways. It spoke of God's love for me and his children. It spoke of forgiveness, joy, sin and a vast array of Biblical subject matter. It was amazing and powerful. It was amazing to watch my hand glide across the page with such quickness and purpose. It was amazing to realize I was not sure what words might appear on my paper. It was amazing and now that I look back, powerful. What power that God has, to take ordinary me, in fact sinful me, and use my hand to express his words.

I felt unworthy, yet incredibly excited. I felt such a passion and desire to do it forever. I was very unsure if anyone would believe me. Would my friends and family think I had gone mad, crazy? Would they figure I was just imagining it or was hoping it was God? Oh yes, doubt crept in. But I must say the enthusiasm and passion could not possibly hold my tongue back. I just had to tell. And I did. I told my mother, my family and my friends. I even told the ladies, strong believers, in my Bible study. It was just the most exciting thing ever. And to top it off, it was something that could possibly help others. I continued God's work with my hand and paper. And after a couple of years now, I have in my possession a library of notebooks with these words from God. Don't be scared. Don't be scared to believe me, that these words are from God. I have done enough of that for both of us. God is still reassuring me to this day that it is Him.

I hope you enjoy these words because as you can plainly see, it is hard for me to stop. My hand hurts, but I just can't stop. And if God is in charge I continue. I thought it may be helpful and wise to give you an idea of just who belongs to this writing and where it comes from.

With that, I invite you to join me as often as you please as I finally begin to share what my Father has so graciously given to me. Some words may be 1-2 years old, or they could be written this week, even today. I will try to date each writing in case it becomes of some significance in the future.

I just want to say to anyone reading this:

I love you. I love you if I know you. I love you if I don't know you. I can't say exactly what caused this declaration but it is truly from my heart. I love you. Please enjoy, take in, meditate on and use these words of God I share. Again I love you and my Father, your Father God, loves you beyond measure. Feel free to send me your thoughts and your own words. I would love to hear them.

God Bless you today with his overpowering Love for you. Let it in.

Love,

Truly

1 comment:

  1. Whipee I finally got to read your blog! I noticed you had a new post today. Check out my gardening blog at http://captivatinggarden.blogspot.com/

    Let's blog soon about God in the house! Love you

    GG (Garden Girl) in the house

    ReplyDelete