Thursday, January 29, 2009

This Story Is For You

This is the story of a father and child. The father loves his child so much that he sits with the child through the night. Read the words he speaks throughout the night and morning hours. Read it slowly to soak in what this father is feeling. Hear in his words his great love for the child.


My sweet child,

the moonlight covers your room now as I sit beside you and watch you sleep.

Your eyes are closed and your body is still. I hear only the soft sound of your breath.

As you lay curled to one side, there is only innocence in the room.

Your face appears so soft and restful. Your body is relaxed.

Everything about you is beautiful.

I just take in the creation of you.

I revel at the idea that I call you my own.

I can not stop my urge to lean over you for a closer look.

I want to hug you with all my loving might but I will not disturb your sleep dear one.

So I hold back and step back only to look.

As the time passes, I begin to look forward to when you will open your eyes.

I think about the things you say and do.

I think about when you said "I love you" just before "goodnight."

Those words consume my thoughts now as I wait.

I love you with so much of me, to hear those words from you make my heart swell.

You are mine and I am yours.

My love for you is unconditional.

I don't even remember the things you did earlier that required apology.

I can't think of you as anything but innocent and lovely when I watch you sleep.

As the daylight begins to trickle in the room, my anticipation grows.

I begin to look forward to being with you awake, to hear your voice and see your eyes of wonder.

I want to be with you as soon as you awake.

I want to hear you tell me your thoughts and dreams.

I want to make them come true for you.

I must say I long to hear you say "I love you father" and "Can we be together today?"

Oh yes, I would love to be with you all day, just the two of us.

I don't dare wake you up so that you will have the sleep you need for today.

But I have been tempted many times to crawl in beside you and love you.

Then the moment comes, you begin to move and make small noises.

You turn your head my way as if you can feel my presence here.

Your eyes open. Though not quite awake, I see a twinkle in them.

I am here in your room.

Then they open wider and look at me closer and your arms reach out to me with love.

You want me to come to you so quickly after you awake.

Then I hear "Father, come to me." I can not hold back my enthusiasm.

I jump up and hold you in my arms in seconds.

I tell you first "I love you."

And you return the same words.

My heart is full and pleased.

You have given me just what I waited for, your love in return.

You are mine and I am yours.

You tell me what you are thinking, what you want to do today and how great it will be.

Listening carefully with only the two of us here, I hear your needs and desires.

I will help you receive them.

I only want you to be filled with peace and joy.

My morning is more than I expected.

My time with you is always adored. But to spend time with you before your day begins is lovely.

To start our day together in these early hours is my desire always.

I love you dear child of mine.

Today we begin it together, you and me, out to conquer the world.



This father filled with so much love that he will wait through the sleeping hours for his child to awake,

this father is your father.

The Father is God.

Please him, love him, wake up to him.

Psalm 139:7-8 (New International Version)
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths,
you are there.

Here in Psalm 139, David speaks of God's omnipresence. God is omnipresent, everywhere at all times. But have you considered the enormity of it? Know that God is present with you at all times including the night.

Written by Truly in April 2008.

Author: God

These are God's words for his children. Enjoy them. Enjoy the great love he has for you. Read this often to remember how he feels about you. Share it with others if you like. I only want everyone to know how so very much our Fathers loves us.

I love you all.

Truly

P.S. Look for more on this subject of waking up with your Father on my upcoming posts!

We are all truly made for God.





1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this! Laurel Patrick

    ReplyDelete